Welcome

Thanks for reading our blog. We welcome comments. To comment, click on * (x) comments* following each post. A box will appear at the bottom of the post allowing you to share your opinions with us and the rest of our readers.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

How many reasons do you need?

I really am pulling for Kris, the dark horse.

Adam's 1st performance of Mad World was one of the 1st times I actually admitted to liking what he did. And I liked it again last night. But, I had to agree with Simon: over the top theatrical. But, that's been Adam's gig all along, why change now?

Ain't No Sunshine was, in my opinion, one of Kris' best performances. Ever. It was awesome. Just him, behind the piano. No smoke, no weird trench coat, no platform lifting him from the stairs. Just voice.

I was annoyed by the song choices in the entire second round because it was clear to me that Simon Fuller was more interested in making a political statement than picking songs that would highlight the contestant's talents.

Change is Going to Come was fine. Whatever. I don't like the original song, I don't think it was fitting for Adam, and I was too annoyed to get into it.

I liked what Kris did with What's Going On. Was it huge and theatrical? No. But how would you make that song any bigger? And it's not supposed to be big! But again ... annoyed.

And both guys just blew in the last round. And it had nothing to do with them and everything to do with Kara's craptastic song. Although, I felt most sorry for Kris because he was ambushed with that song from the 1st note - he didn't stand a chance.

Why Kris should win:

1. He got ZERO camera time before the top 13. That's hard to overcome in a competition where people make choices based on who you brought with you to tryouts.

2. I'd buy his CD, have downloaded his songs, and would totally go see him when he performs at a small bar in Lawrence.

3. He makes every song different, without acting. He's not Broadway, he doesn't put on a "show", he just sings. But it's not always the stand there and sing ... he plays guitar, he plays piano, sometimes there's drums, sometimes violin. Never boring, just talent.

4. Because the judges don't want him to. Never have. It was inappropriate enough when Simon reminded America to vote for Adam last week. And when Katy Perry put "Adam Lambert" on her cape for her performance. But the last straw were the judges comments last night to Adam: "this show is about finding a star, you're a star, congratulations" v. their comments to Kris: "you should be proud of yourself for making it this far". I hope that America remembers who chooses the winner in this competition and votes accordingly. I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment