Welcome

Thanks for reading our blog. We welcome comments. To comment, click on * (x) comments* following each post. A box will appear at the bottom of the post allowing you to share your opinions with us and the rest of our readers.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thank God for Harry

Harry Connick Jr., where have you been all of my Idol life? Now THAT'S a mentor, ladies and gentleman. *swoon*

Best to Worst:

Lee "Harry Connick Jr's wife thinks you're hot, too" DeWyze - Every season there's that underdog contestant that the judges just start to notice towards the end, and it appears he's solidly in the "dark horse" spot from here on out. Would he have won the show if That's Life was his last performance ever, I don't know, Ellen. But, it was the best of the night, hands down. Even if he did look a little drunk? (Didn't he? Am I just imagining that?)

Big Mike - I interpreted his "12-piece, East-coast band" comment as "I play weddings." And the double hand wave supports my theory. At least he didn't sing New York, New York with a top hat and cane. And, of all the contestants, BM brought enough swagger to do Sinatra justice (although his swagger is cheese to Sinatra's class). And while the "picture your gorgeous wife" bit was way over the top, the slowed-down version of The Way You Look Tonight came in 2nd best.

Crystal - Let me start by saying that she looked gorgeous! Old movie star gorgeous. Mermaid dress, feather in her hair, standing up from the piano to sing center stage gorgeous. I've never heard Summer Wind and didn't have the forethought to YouTube it like Tee (although, maybe I should). But, for that reason, I think I'm bringing a view comparable to the majority of Idol viewers and voters: "what the hell, Crystal?" And, that, my friends is not good.

Eyebrows - For the 1st time in history (of this Blog), Eyebrows is not rounding out KK's bottom spot. I liked his hair - it was way better than the Something About Mary hair he normally has. And he's, apparently, as tall as Sinatra. So, that's good for him, or something. The cold, hard, truth is that this kid isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So, whatever.

Casey - Casey maybe should have left AI to meet his friend for the $50 and free food gig instead of fumbling through Blue Skies and embarassing himself. He sounds like a lamb (welcome to 2 months ago, Kara) and his only saving grace was Harry trying to convince America that he killed it in rehearsal.

Bottom three: Casey, Crystal, Mike

Going home: Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment