Welcome

Thanks for reading our blog. We welcome comments. To comment, click on * (x) comments* following each post. A box will appear at the bottom of the post allowing you to share your opinions with us and the rest of our readers.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drama Queens!

And I don't mean Didi! The right three went to the stools (although Aaron could have gone with them) and I suppose the right one went home, although I expected Didi to last a bit longer. Tim Teflon Urban survives another week to smile and torture the judges with his unique talented self. At some point this will bother me but so far, no one who has gone home from the top 12 was, in my view, a top contender so it doesn't really matter in what order they are eliminated. Plus, Didi WAS worse than Tim on Tuesday night.

No, the drama queens I am referring to are Siobahn and Big Mike. I've always suspected Siobahn's *I'm a geeky little quirky thing with a dark side* persona is a bit of an act. It seems she has a problem with even the mildest form of criticism...flying into a corner backstage and refusing comfort from her comrades. She pronounced *I am not defeated* as if the world stopped spinning on its axis when she gave a bad performance but never fear...she will return and set it spinning again next week. Big Mike has become a ridiculous camera whore and someone needs to tell him to sit his big ass down and quit manhandling the multi-million dollar talent. That deal with Ryan was over the top.

I am venting here because I have vowed to be nice on the Official American Idol website. And I have been for the most part.

I am not a fan of the new R&B music. Ruben and Usher have nice voices but the songs left me cold. Is Diddy formerly Sean Coombs, formerly P. Diddy, formerly Puff Daddy, formerly Snoop Dog? Or is he some other Diddy? At least he modified the words to OMG, using Gosh very clearly so as not to offend the parents of young ones at home.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to Lennon-McCartney or not. The last time they had that theme (two weeks of it in David Cook's season), there were some spectacular hits but mostly misses. It will be interesting to see what they contestants pick from that huge list. I'm going to predict a little bit: Casey and Lee will do one of the rocking songs. Katie will try Let It Be. Siobahn will do Come Together so she can scream or one of the darker songs like Eleanor Rigby or She's Leaving Home. Aaron will try for Imagine (unless its not on the list because Lennon wrote it after the break up) or some other ballad. Andrew will do something acoustic again which is fine with me. No idea what Crystal will choose. I love all of the songs so I just hope they don't mess them up.

Now this blogger program has been acting up. This is the 2nd time I've tried to publish this post or a version thereof. If there is a double posting...sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment