Welcome

Thanks for reading our blog. We welcome comments. To comment, click on * (x) comments* following each post. A box will appear at the bottom of the post allowing you to share your opinions with us and the rest of our readers.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Mama Sox Out?

We almost lost her, ladies and gentleman:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/american-idol-crystal-bowersox-ryan-seacrest-quit/

My take:

I've got a daughter who is 6 months old.

If I had to leave my daughter for months at a time to tape cheezy Ford commercials and lip-synch "doo wops" behind a 16 year old with over groomed eyebrows, I'd flip, too. Especially, if I was an honest to God artist who wanted to make a decent living singing the types of songs I wanted to sing, and not by being a corporate sell-out.

Crystal claims she'd never watched AI before trying out. I honestly don't think she knew (1) what she was getting into, and (2) that she was good enough to win this whole frickin' thing.

I get her. She misses her kid, she misses her family, and she sees herself sliding down that slippery slope into auto-tuned, pop artist hell.

I hope, for her sake, her son's sake, and the sake of the show, that she wins this thing and does become a multi-millionaire. She deserves it. And I hope she's willing to make the sacrafice to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment