Welcome

Thanks for reading our blog. We welcome comments. To comment, click on * (x) comments* following each post. A box will appear at the bottom of the post allowing you to share your opinions with us and the rest of our readers.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1/2 of The Show ...

Due to some sort of freak recording error with our DVR - or a horrible broadcasting incident on the part of Fox - 3 of the contestants were black, fuzzy, and full of static. So, I can only comment on those I saw:

Lil Rounds - I didn't like her tonight. I agreed with everything the judges said about taking a song and putting your own spin on it. And, frankly, when she quipped: "I want to show that I can sing other things besides R&B", I wished one of the judges would have said: "but you can't"

Adam - My new nemisis. Every week I think "well, it can't be worse than last week" and then every week it is. I'm not a huge Johnny Cash fan, and even I hated how he butchered that song. Simon is right - somewhere Rednecks are rioting.

Danny - I agreed with Kara that he should have just sung the chorus over and over. Because I didn't think his voice on the verses was that good, at all. Like, I could sing that well (not really, of course)

Alexis Grace - How I was pulling for her to dig out an awesome Joleen. I thought it was the perfect song choice and an awesome song. I'm no musical expert but even I could tell it was pitchy.

Meaghan Joy (when did they take off her last name?) - I liked it. I can't decide if I just like her so much that she could sing the A,B,Cs and it would be awesome. But either way - Randy Travis said it best when he said "she took a song that's been done a million times and made it unique again"

Scott - My husband has his career pegged: Christian Rock. That's clearly the direction he's going, and he'll be a breakout superstar.

Matt - I think he FINALLY got the recognition he deserves - he's just as good as Danny Gokey and Adam, and it's about time somebody stopped stroking their egos, and gave somebody else a good rub. I really liked him tonight.

And finally, Anoop - Why don't you do that every week Anoop? You're so much more likeable without the freaky dance moves and weird karaoke. Well done and I hope you stay.

Who should be worried, in my opinion: Meaghan and Scott

And from the little blips that they show at the end, I could tell that Sarver's performance blew, so he should be worried, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment