Welcome

Thanks for reading our blog. We welcome comments. To comment, click on * (x) comments* following each post. A box will appear at the bottom of the post allowing you to share your opinions with us and the rest of our readers.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crotchety Old Curmudgeon

Miley Cyrus is tonight's mentor.

She's 17. SEVENTEEN!

What was I doing at 17? Failing Chemistry, fighting with my boyfriend over the Kathy Ireland poster he had hanging in his room, and unsuccessfully sneaking back into the house after my 10:00 curfew.

Yes, Miley has been hugely successful. She's had a hit TV show, movies, songs. She goes home at night and rolls around in piles of money.

But, she's SEVENTEEN.

Her latest hit song included the lyrics: "nodding my head like yeah"

You know, though. On a season where most of the contestants take themselves WAY too seriously, it might be interesting to watch a real "teen idol" knock them down a peg or two.

And I'm totally singing Party in the USA over and over now. Because it's just that catchy.

(I also still know how to do the Achy Breaky Heart. Do you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment